Virtual Connects, hosted Wednesdays at noon, are a way to bring AIA Colorado members together, virtually. We are seeking speakers that feel comfortable presenting via an online platform.
Do you have a presentation our members would benefit from? We are seeking a wide variety of content, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Navigating this changing landscape: telecommuting policies, business development, contracts and insurance
- Round tables/Panel presentations
- Presentations eligible for HSW credit
Presentations may be anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes in length.
Presentations will be reviewed and selected by AIA Colorado Staff and volunteers. Submissions will be reviewed based on the following:
- Relevance and Impact: The proposed session is current and practical; addresses the needs, challenges and/or opportunities of today's architects; and encourages attendees to consider personal/professional application and continued exploration.
- Approach: The following should be clear - the session description and objectives; how the session will be successfully presented virtually including ideas for audience engagement.
- Creativity and Innovation: The session presents a new perspective and/or shares information in an engaging, unique way.
- Demonstrates Expertise: Speakers are experts in their field - the session proposal demonstrates original research, applied knowledge of (others') recognized research or theory, or personal mastery/experience.
If your presentation is accepted, speakers are asked to:
- Schedule time with AIA Colorado staff to test the presentation prior to the event
- Show up 30 minutes early (online) for the presentation
- Stay for the full hour the presentation is scheduled
- Be available for questions - directly after the presentation and via email or phone
Submit your idea below and a member of the AIA Colorado Team will be in touch soon! Please note - preference will be given to AIA members, Professional Affiliates, sponsors and Industry Partners. Please contact Carin Haen if you would like to learn more.
Questions? Contact Megan Concannon.